District » Boundaries


Use the following to locate your child's school of attendance.



Wasco Union Elementary School District (WUESD)

Interdistrict Transfer Requests/Agreements

  • An interdistrict transfer request/agreement is when parents/guardians wish to enroll their student(s) at a school other than the designated school that is in their attendance area outside of their district.
  • California Education Code (EC) permits parents/guardians to request an interdistrict transfer request/agreement. Before it becomes valid, it must be approved by both the student’s district of residence (home district) and the district of desired attendance (receiving district). 
  • The agreement may extend for a maximum of five (5) consecutive years and may include “Terms or Conditions”. It is within the authority of either the district of residence or the district of desired attendance to revoke an interdistrict transfer request/agreement at any time for any reason the local board or district superintendent/designee deems appropriate.


(1) If you reside in a different district other than WUESD and would like to enroll your student(s) for the current or upcoming school year at WUESD you are encouraged to submit your Interdistrict Transfer Request/Agreement early due to limited space. You will need to contact your district of residence (home district) to start this process.

– OR –

(2) If you reside within the WUESD  boundaries and would like to attend a different school district:
  • Please print, complete, sign, and return the form to our District Office: 1102 5th Street, between 7:30 am - 4:00 pm

[Printable PDF of the Interdistrict Transfer Request/Agreement may be accessed here by clicking on the link: (English & Español) or by requesting one from our District Office]

  • You will be notified of the district’s final decision.  WUESD reserves the right to administratively approve, deny, or revoke an Interdistrict Transfer Request/Agreement.
  • Transportation is the responsibility of the parents/guardians.


  • If a request for an Interdistrict Transfer Request/Agreement is denied, the student’s parents/guardians may file an appeal to the county office of education in the student’s district of residence (home district) within 30 days of receipt of the official notice of denial of the transfer.

  • For full details on the Interdistrict Transfer process and a complete list of WUESD’s Terms & Conditions to the Interdistrict Transfer Request/Agreement, parents/guardians are encouraged to review Board Policy (BP 5117), Administrative Regulation (AR 5117), & California E.C. - EC § 46600.2